Posts

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recycled paper beads

So I've been making paper beads for a little while now and it is honestly SO easy and SO fun.
There are so many different shapes that you can make with them
and I've been just winging it so far and seeing what a certain shape, length, color will turn out looking like.
The hardest to perfect is probably a "perfect" circle.
I'm almost there, but not quite.

My basic bead that I make is with a base of 1/2" and about 24" long
this gives me more of an oval shape (which I really love)
Blue newspaper oval beads
I also make the more long and slender beads as well that I use to make a specif bracelet type
Long scrapbooking paper bead bracelet
I don't have any pictures of it yet, but I'm also loving really tiny tiny itty bitty beads!
It kind of happened by accident when I had a small bit of paper left over, like 1/8"-at-the-base-tiny and was just rolling it out of reflex when I was thinking of inspiration for something new to do and then I looked at it and it was probably the cutest thing ever!
Well anything is cuter when it's small!!

Oh, and the best part about making paper beads...
surprising people with how versatile and interesting paper can be!!
I always take the train, twice a day, for half an hour each way so I often bring my little set up
of glue, coffee stirrers, paper, and scissors with me and get some crafting done on the road.
People around me are always curious and every once in a while i'll get someone brave enough to ask what it is. When I tell them they just get more interested!
I loveloveloveeee sharing ideas with people!

Hmmm, so I guess that's it for now, I'll try and upload a picture of my super duper tiny beads later...when i'm not so lazy.

Goodbye for now, world!

1 comment:

  1. hey.. i also make the same thing! :D visit my blog at http://indecraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete